Wednesday, November 5, 2008

tomorrow is the big day

Well, it's finally here. The butterflies that have taken up residence in my stomach will soon be released. Here are a few final details, I apologize if they come out scattered.

* The surgery is taking place at St. John's Hospital at 7:30 am tomorrow. Surgery will take about 4 hours, the first 2 being anesthesia.

* We are welcoming visitors, but be prepared - she will look pretty rough. If you'd like to come visit please call Ryan's cell first. If you don't have that number and can't find someone who has it, you can call the hospital's patient info number and they should be able to connect you to the room. 417-820-2087 Visiting hours are from 9am - 9pm. She'll be in ICU the first day so it's possible that visitors may have to wait until she is moved to the regular pediatric floor. Just call & we'll let you know.

* We are asking that no children come to visit. Ember's appearance will be shocking and possibly scary to the kiddos. She'll also have a lot of tubes & wires, etc and having little ones around will make me pretty nervous (I'm sure I'll be a wreck already).

* There is internet access at the hospital. I am borrowing a laptop so I can try to update, but I'm not very laptop/wifi savvy, so we'll see.

How you can help:
A lot of people have offered to help. Here are some things you can do if you'd like.

* Pray (obviously). Pray for the surgery to go well, for her recovery to be as painless as possible, for minimal swelling, for no complications, no reactions to medicine, no feeding problems, no nausea, for her to sleep well. Pray for Ryan and me that we handle things well, know how to take care of her, don't take our frustrations out on each other, and of course anything else you can think of.

* If you know us well you can come to the hospital & stay with Ember for a little while so we can step out & get coffee or just clear our heads for a while.

* You can just come sit with us, play cards, read to Ember, whatever.

* You can bring us DVDs, snacks, books, stuff like that.


Ok, that's all I can think of. Thanks for all your support!

4 comments:

Discovery said...

My prayers are with you. *Big hug*

laura davis said...

I am praying for you all...if I could be there I would.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you this morning. I hope all goes better than expected. I love you!

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers. I would love to visit, but the entire family is sick right now and I would do more harm than good.