Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Here's the deal...

Right now Ember is covered under Ryan's insurance. This particular insurance happens to be notorious for providing bad coverage for craniosynostosis because there is no in-network surgeon that can do the surgery. They also really love their "reasonable & customary" charges. I expected that, and I was planning on paying somewhere between $3 - $4K out of pocket. BUT Ryan will be quitting his job in January to student teach. At that time we will have zero income, and be living off of savings only. When that happens Ember will be eligible for Medicaid, and Medicaid pays 100% with no deductibles. It takes up to 30 days for MC approval which means it could be February before she can have surgery if we choose to wait for it to kick in. However, we're coming up on rainy season and if Ryan gets rained out enough days we could qualify sooner. Have I ever told you how much I hate uncertainty? I hate it a lot. Have I ever told you how hard it is to wait for surgery? It's really freaking hard. Oh how I would love for this to be over with. Ryan has worked there for 5 years, and for this to come up right as he's quitting - ugh, it's just so much craziness. I should be grateful for the possibility of having no out of pocket expenses. I'm sure God worked it out like this on purpose, it's really a good thing. I think I need to just chill out.

No comments: