Friday, September 23, 2011

No Date Yet.

We saw Dr. Shah on Thursday. I was hoping for a date, but it's not scheduled yet. It's routine to have an appointment after the doc sees the CT scan, so that's why he wanted to see us. He didn't tell us anything new, just that the scan confirmed what he was already planning on doing. We have an appointment with Dr. Sami on Monday for the post-CT visit. I did talk with Dr Shah's surgery coordinator for a while. We were just hanging out in her office while she called Sami's office to try to figure something out about Monday's appointment. Anyway, we were talking about insurance & I mentioned that the girls in St. John's billing should be prison wardens (we had issues with the first surgery). Then she & the other lady who had come in to play with Ember told me very seriously that if I ever have trouble with the girls in billing or with the insurance company, I should call them. So even though we don't have a date or any new information, we have allies and that's always good.

As far as scheduling goes, the neurosurgeon & plastic surgeon each have their own offices, their own patients, & their own schedules. They used to both take Thursdays as surgery days but now they're on completely different schedules. So it's going to take a little time for their offices to arrange things so they're both free at the same time to do the surgery. We'll just have to wait & see.

I did tell Ember that she's going to have surgery. I haven't told her any details yet 'cause it's still a month or two away & I don't want her thinking about it too much. But I told her that after surgery she'd get to stay in the hospital for a few days and that there's a play room and a snack room, and that she'll have her own TV & she gets to be the boss of that TV. She really liked that idea :)

Oh! I almost forgot, Dr. Shah said they will definitely NOT be shaving her head!!

2 comments:

Montessa said...

Yeah for both the hair and the insurance allies! I'm sure it is hard to wait though. We'll keep praying for everyone (you guys, Ember, Dr.s & the insurance ladies)

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all of the above.