Sunday, October 26, 2008

it's a match!

Ember and I have the same blood type, yay!! I have an appointment on Tuesday to donate my blood for her. They will do whatever prep they have to do to it, and then ship it to the hospital so it can be used during Ember's surgery. I'm glad she won't be getting a stranger's blood. I mean I'd gladly take it if that were the only option, but I feel much better about doing it this way.

On the insurance front, a friend of mine reminded me about the out-of-pocket maximum for the calendar year. I checked in our insurance handbook and did the math. Since the birth was this calendar year too that takes the max down by about half. So whether they pay 70% or 80% it really doesn't matter, I think we'll hit that max either way. That's a lot of stress relieved.

No comments: